Thursday, December 10, 2009

Hurry Up Christmas

Cody is nearly beside himself with excitement for Christmas. Well, let me rephrase that.....he's beside himself with excitment over the presents with his name on them that are under the tree! :o) We received a package in the mail this week with some presents in it. He wanted to open then immediately! He was so disappointed when I explained we have to wait until Christmas to open them. He doesn't fully grasp the concept of time yet, so telling him just a couple more weeks and he can....means nothing to him, bless his heart! I thought having him put the presents under the tree would help take his mind off not opening them--it didn't. Later that day, I found him shaking the present and then, ever-so-carefully, picking at the corner to "tear" the paper to peek in! :o) Just this morning, I heard some rustling over by the tree....sure enough, he'd grabbed the same present and was trying to work his way under the paper to peek again! He was surprised to hear me tell him to put the present back--as I was in the other room. :o) It's funny to think I was worried about how the dog would do with the presents....instead I have to worry about my child!

No comments: