Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What Birthday?

This past weekend was orignally planned to hold lots of birthday celebrations for Trevor. Friday, he was taking cupcakes to school to celebrate there and Friday night, we were having a small "party" with friends at an arcade. Saturday was a family party and Sunday just our little family celebrating at home. However, early Friday morning, Cody woke up with a stomach virus and that changed everything. Trevor got a good celebration at school and we went ahead with the friend "party"--even though it ended up just being me, Trevor and one other little boy. (Two others didn't show up.) The arcade had our party down for Saturday night--I stressed that I had clearly said FRIDAY--thank goodness they didn't have any others scheduled for Friday....so we could go ahead with ours......which was a good thing considering I had two pizzas and a container of cupcakes with me!! :o) The arcade supplies birthday guests with party favors and 30 tokens for each guest (a 6 kid minnimum---we only had 1 guest show up, plus Trevor) SO, I divided the other tokens from the guests who didn't show and the three of us played and played! We had a great time! We really missed Cody and Nathan--who obviously had to stay home--but we brought Cody some "prizes". We've had to postpone our family celebration....somewhat indefinitely. (I ended up getting the virus late Saturday night and Trevor has it today. Nathan is a "marked man" as he says.) :o) Nathan brought Trevor his breakfast in bed on Sunday--I watched from a distance. It was so sad to not be able to fully celebrate my firstborn's 8th birthday with him! He was a trooper and had himself a pretty good day despite the circumstances. We hope to make up the "lost" celebration very soon!

No comments: