Wednesday night, I was getting ready to heat up dinner. We were having leftovers--Chicken Club Pasta. (Basically, it's penne pasta noodles, chicken and bacon pieces in a creamy parmesean sauce.) Cody, as he usually does, came and asked me what's for dinner? I told him leftovers and he immediately protested---refusing to eat. (This is common for Cody. If it's not chicken nuggets or pizza, he's not interested.) :o) Trevor even commented that it's church night, shouldn't we just do sandwiches b/c it's easier? I explained, it's easy to just heat up, so we'll just do this. He conceeded and said he'd eat some. :o) I got distracted with something else and when I turned around to put the pasta in the microwave, it wasn't where I thought I'd put it. I scanned the kitchen--mentally questioning, "Did I not get that out? I could have sworn I did." I checked the fridge.....no pasta there. I scanned the counters again.....still no pasta. This has never happened before. I asked aloud--to no one in particular--"Where is the pasta?" Trevor was at the table doing homework and looked at me funny and said "I don't have it". I asked the question directly to Cody, who was in the living room. No answer. I asked again.....still no answer. So I made my way to the living room, to the chair Cody was sitting in--asking the question again. He slowly got up from the chair--there were blankets in the chair and I expected him to lift them and reveal the pasta. Instead, he slowly trudged around the chair towards the stairs--I watched, stifling my amusement as he began his decent downstairs---still slowly. I didn't stand and watch--I think I would have burst out in laughter--instead I went back to the kitchen. He sheepishly brought the container of pasta into me. I told him, we don't hide food. :o)
Then, at dinner, after we'd prayed, I noticed Cody assessing his plate and point out a piece of chicken. He quickly grabbed his napkin and supiciously moved it into his lap--as if to hide something. I realized, he was hiding his small bite of chicken. Most of this I watched out of the corner of my eye. I know I should have stopped him from hiding his food, but it was just too cute.....especially combined w/ the hiding of the pasta. Kids are just too cute!!!
1 comment:
Oh that is funny! I wish I could have witnessed it!
Post a Comment