Monday, October 31, 2011

Costumes, costumes, costumes....

Today is Halloween. The boys get to dress up for school today. Each school will have a parade and a classroom party. (Cody's school celebrates the 50th day of school w/ a 50's day theme. Even though those kids have NO idea what 50's style is!) :o) Trevor dressed up as a muscle man and Cody is a "greaser".
This afternoon, we will "trick or treat" at Nathan's work. Then we will make the rounds here in the neighborhood this evening. Cody is excited to make his costume change for this afternoon, inot Police man. (Trevor was planning to be Indina Jones, but made a last minute change.)
Last Wednesday night, the children's area of our church had Circus night. Students were encouraged to dress up as a circus performer. Cody decided he wanted to be the ringmaster--and explained the costume in great detail to me. :o) I had seen the muscle shirt online and suggested that to Trevor. (We borrowed a muscle costume similar to that for Cody about 5 years ago and made a "weight" to accompany it, so I thought I could do the same for Trevor). He liked that idea, so I got two styrofoam balls and painted them black and covered a wrapping paper "stick" w/ duct tape, glued the balls on the stick and he had a barbell.
Here are some pics from Wed night, this morning and I will add this afternoon's later.
50's greaser and muscle man
Cody the ringmaster

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Halloween! Great costumes! Hope you are having a fun, fun evening! You guys look great! Nice creative help, Mom!
Uncle Dale is greeting our Trick or Treater guests in his jack-o- lantern T......We're nearing 50 characters having visited us tonight..... Thanks for your pix and blog!
Love you....
Aunt Linda and Uncle Dale