On Tuesday mornings, our church hosts a group for moms called Mom's Connection. (I used to attend myself, but haven't been since Cody's last year at home before starting school.) The church provides childcare for these moms so they can go and enjoy a couple of "child-free" hours. :o) This year, I've decided to help with childcare. It's a paid opportunity, which is nice, but it's also nice to provide that "break" for the moms. I remember how nice that time was when you have little ones.
I filled in a couple of times last sememster and really enjoyed it, so I thought I would sign up to help this time. Last time I was in the babies and was kind of hoping I'd get them again. I've also worked on Sunday's in the preschoolers rooms, and would have enjoyed that as well. But, God placed me with the Toddlers......the 1-2 year olds.....the ones that are dealing w/ separation anxiety and cry for 15+ minutes when mom drops them off.....and then get a snotty nose and slobbery hands b/c of it. :o) The first day was a bit of a "culture" shock of sorts. I've been out of this toddler realm for over 5 years.....kind of hard to get back into that mindset. I was a little.....how to put it nicely....."grossed out" at some of the slobbers and snotties. I mean, when it's not your kid....(and sometimes even when it is) it's gross. (Plus, I tend to be a bit of a germ-o-phobe. I have really gotten better, but I'm a work in progress. Quite honestly, I knew God would place me with this age.....just to work on that progress!) :o) I prayed about my time with these little ones, asking God to give me a good attitude towards them and love on them as I would have wanted my boys to be loved on. The second Tuesday went great. I really enjoyed myself and the kids. We had 20!! And at least....at least.....5 of them cried off and on! I was in one of the rooms w/ a great little group of kids and we had such fun at the snack table.
I was thankful for the good time we had, but mostly for the change in my attitude. Too many times I'm negative when things aren't as I would have them. If I would turn my attitude over to him and let him change it for the good sooner rather than later, I would be able to truly recieve his blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment