Today is Trevor's 100th day of kindergarten. I think they have some fun stuff planned for today. We had to send 100 items to school with him and we chose mini-marshmallows. It was fun counting them out. Trevor is also now a "member" of the 100 club--counting to 100. He had to come home from school early (one hour early--they were getting out at 12:30 for teacher's stuff) because he had pink eye. I noticed that morning that he had some "sleep" in his eye and they were bloodshot, but he had literally just rolled out of bed, so I didn't put much more thought into it. I didn't notice anything else on him as we left for school, and to be honest, our house is just a blur in the morning, trying to get breakfast eaten, lunches made, and two dawdlers dressed, and be out the door at a reasonable time! We had some eye drops here from a previous encounter with PE and so we started Trevor on them as soon as he got home. He looked much better by the end of the day. He got an extra day off to stay home and ensure his eyes were clear--ruining his perfect attendace. He's not missed a day since school started. We went to Sprinfield on Tuesday--the boys went to mom and dads to play and I did some shopping ALONE with my bday money. Got some great deals at Kohl's.
Cody is his energetic self this week. He was a little cranky Wednesday, but that may have been b/c he didn't get a nap on Tuesday. Yesterday morning, he went to the bathroom and didn't come out for several minutes. I went to check on him and he was playing in the water in the sink. He will fill up the sink--FULL--with water and squirt soap in it to make bubbles. (Trevor used to do this too---only he used toothpaste.) Not sure if he plays with toys in it or not, I don't get to see this part, I usually come in when the water is draining and I see the cat who swallowed the canary! :-) Anyway, I went to the door, which was locked, of course, and knocked. I heard the closet door shut and water draining.
Cody: Who is it?
Me: The cleaning lady.
Cody: (laughing-but serious) No, you're not the cleaning lady!
Me: What are you doing?
Cody: Nothing. (I use the key and enter the bathroom)
Cody looks at me with a guilty look and he's trying not to smile. His shirt if off (in the linen closet for the hamper b/c it's wet) and his pants are at his ankles--oh yeah, the REAL reason he was in the bathroom--to go to the bathroom. I ask him if he played in the water and he can hardly answer "no" w/o smiling and fidgeting. What a stinker!! I loved the fact that he told me I wasn't the cleaning lady, like we actually have a cleaning lady! :-) Yes, I am, in fact, the cleaning lady, amongst other things.
1 comment:
That's too funny! I bet you'd rather be known as the cleaning lady instead of the lunch lady!
Post a Comment