Monday, January 21, 2008

Been too long

Sorry for the long pause in posting. There's really not been too much going on--just doing the everyday thing. Nathan and I have started a class on Wed nights at church, Financial Peace University by Dave Ramsey. It's been good so far. Nathan has done a great job of helping us financially by investing in different areas and all but we're not the best at "everyday" budgeting, so we hope to improve through this class. Trevor has been working on reading books every night for school. He brings home a new book (about 6 pages, simple easy reading, provided by the school) to read every night and we sign off on it. If he does well rereading it to Mrs. Metcalf, he will get a new book. Once he completes the list she gave him, he'll earn a free personal pizza! He's done really well so far. He also made it into the 100 Club at school--counting to 100. Today he will only go half a day. He's very excited about that. More time at home to play! Cody has been very busy playing with all his turtles (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, or TMNT as they're now called. I bought a baggie full of them, about 5, for $1 at a consignment sale--more or less to give him something to play with while I looked around and let me tell you, that is the best dollar I've ever spent!! I think they were McDonald's toys) He loves to line them up and then have another toy knock them down. He's such a good player--very imaginative.

Our fireplace problem has resolved itself, I guess you could say. The smoke smell has gone away, after some sealing Nathan did. We have enjoyed fires nearly every night as it's been very cold here lately. I'm not complaining, give me winter while it's winter. However, we now need to replenish our firewood supply as we've used it all. If you saw our yard and the HUGE stack of cut logs from our ice storm, you'd beg to differ, however, you can't burn wet wood--bad for the fireplace. So, we now need to find dry wood. If it's not one thing, it's the other. Nathan spent Sat and part of Sunday working with some neighbors cutting high limbs and branches in trees. About 6 men, all on our street or the street above ours, went together to rent a bucket lift truck and helped in each other's yard to remove those branches dangling too high for a regular ladder to reach. It was a really cold weekend to work, but the sun was out and better to do it while you can.

I just started a new book with my Mom's Connection class at church, "Who Got Peanut Butter on my Daily Planner" by Cindy Dagnan. She is a local author and speaker and so good! (She is the sister to a friend of ours, Angie Pagel, who is a missionary in Taiiwan.(sp?) Angie's daughter, Bethanie, was a flower girl in our wedding.) It's a great book--about stay-at-home moms and the trials we face. I just finished, the day I got this new book, Get OUt of That Pit by Beth Moore and it was really good. So, that's our update. No new pictures to post as of now.

No comments: