One daddy, one mommy, two boys, a cat and a dog and all the little everyday adventures we encounter.
Thursday, February 19, 2009
I'll Fly Away and Play
A friend mentioned on Facebook a cute thing her daughter said during prayer. She thanked Jesus for "dying for her sins and selling them in the garage sale". I thought about the fact that they are thanking Jesus for dying for their sins in their prayers and they're only 5. I wondered if we should be doing the same thing, so in Cody's prayers the other night, I added the phrase "thank you Jesus for dying for our sins". Well....that opened up lots of questions from Cody. I thought it would just be part of the "list" that we say. (We use a "repetitive" prayer for him, as it's easier to learn. When he says the prayers, he flies right through it, but I guess he was listening really closely this night). I think it alarmed him that I mentioned the word "died". This led to questions about Jesus and heaven. He asked how he can get to heaven--as if he was disappointed that other were going and he was left out. :o) I told him all you have to do is love Jesus and he said he did. Then, I left the room and he told Nathan that when he dies, he's going to heaven to play with Jesus!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment