Tuesday, November 24, 2009

For Pete's Sake

Trevor's new saying is "for Pete's sake!" Not sure where he picked it up at...but it's so funny to hear a 7-year-old saying it. I noticed it first last week, when I asked him about lunch at school that day. It was Turkey and Noodles day for lunch--now, let me preference this to explain that Trevor looks at ALL of the day's menu--namely what's for "dessert"--and he also chooses to purchase his lunch b/c he gets to go to recess faster. I wasn't sure if he'd like the turkey and noodles.....he's good at eating stuff he doesn't care for at home, b/c he knows he can be done faster to get his dessert and go play.....but, I'm sure at school, if he doesn't like it, he doesn't eat it. Anyway, I asked him how lunch was. He said good. I said, "Did you eat your turkey and noodles?" His reply: "For pete's sake! NO!! That's gross!!"

******************************************************************

In the car on the way to school....Cody says something....I don't hear it. Trevor says, "Cody said a bad word!"

Cody: "No I didn't!!!" Trevor continues to insist he did and so on and so forth.

Trevor: "Yes, he did! He said the 'E' word!!"

Me: "What's the 'E' word?"

Trevor: "Idiot."

Me: "Honey, that starts with I, not E."

Trevor: "Well!.....He said it with an I!!!"

1 comment:

Val said...

Those are great. I started laughing when I read your title - because that is my big saying around the house - the girls haven't picked it up - but I say it all the time. I love those stores the 'E' word - is just too funny!