Friday, November 30, 2007

It's beginning to look at lot like Christmas...





















I have fianlly finished decorating for Christmas.....well, that sounds bad....it's been stretched out over the course of a week. Our tree was up last Friday and had the lights on it but nothing else. I have spent time each day putting up some other inside decorations and finished our tree with ornaments Wednesday. Mom got us some pine trees last year and this year the boys have their own tree with colored lights and un breakable (I hope) ornaments. They are really enjoying it...along with their noisy singing toys. (Thank goodness they're only out for a few weeks!) It was exciting to actually have a mantle to hang our stockings on--the first time in 9 years! We went last night to a Parents As Teachers Christmas Fun night to see Santa. They have the BEST Santa--real beard and all. Trevor was really excited to see him and I caught him thoroughly checking him out. He asked me when we got there if Santa rode his sleigh there. He even explained to Cody what Santa does--"bring toys!" ;-) Trevor asked for a rocket ship and I'm not sure about Cody, but on the way he said he wanted a candy bar. We had to wait in line for about 30 minutes or so--yeah...not fun, but they did well. We made some reindeer food (glitter and oatmeal--oats for the reindeer and glitter so they'll see it and stop at your house) and took the crafts home to do later. Trevor is out of school on Monday, so maybe we'll finish then. I can't believe we've done all this and it's not even December!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A rocket ship, huh. Is Santa going to bring him a rocket ship? The pictures are cute!