



It's finally December. I have been thinking it's December ever since Thanksgiving....I think we have the retailers to thank for that. They had Christmas front and center on Halloween day! Anyway, it sure didn't feel like December outside Saturday or early yesterday morning....it was warm, windy and humid....just like a spring day. Sunday morning we had a rainstorm blow through and change our weather about 20 degrees colder! We walked into church with no coat and even thinking maybe long sleeves are too much and walked out shivering and scurrying to the car. Mom, dad and Libby came down for church with us b/c the preschoolers (Cody's class) were singing in church. We were unsure if Cody would sing or not....he's been saying he didn't want to...but he did great. He walked out and stood there....we waived and waived and he didn't find us until the last song! Then he really opened up! They sang Go Tell It On The Mountain, Happy Birthday Jesus, and We Wish You a Merry Christmas. So cute.
Saturday we went to Nathan's dad's house to have dinner and early Christmas with his younger brother Eric, who will leave this week for FL to work in the Everglades til March. He is trying to get a job in the conservation field and had worked the past two summer seasons in Yosemite and Bryce Canyon, respectively. This will see him throught the winter season and he hopes to have a permanent job in Yosemite afterwards. Friday night, mom stopped in on her way home from Omaha....she had to cut her birthday visit to grandma Peterson short as they were expecting an ice storm Saturday.
Yesterday, Sunday, Nathan put up some scaffolding he borrowed from his dad on the back of our house along our chimney "chase". (sp?) Our fireplace has been allowing smoke to come back into the house when we have a fire and leaking smoke into the chase. Apparently, there's an adjustment that might need to be made on the cap of the chimney...it's blocking the flu, I think. Nathan will have to get on the roof and examine the cap to see what needs to be done--if it's fixable by himself or if we need to get some help from our sheet metal people--we waited a lot around this time last year for the sheet metal people so I hope we can fix it and quickly! (As you can see from the pictures, it's VERY high (actually even higher after I took this) and it's one of those things, I'd rather not watch, but almost feel the need to for safety. I'll be glad when it's over!) We can't have a fire b/c of the potential danger and the smoke--we have noticed the smoke for the past month and a half and thought it was the wind or something. What a bummer b/c it's the perfect weather for a fire and we all enjoy sitting next to it and getting warm.
Trevor is out of school today--teacher's meeting or something. So, we're having a relaxing day at home. The boys are enjoying a Mickey Christmas special and not having to be anywhere! I think we will make cookies.....I'll post pictures of that tomorrow.

No comments:
Post a Comment