Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Clean up begins

The sound of chain saws is almost deafening around our neighborhood this week. Everyone is anxious to clean up their ice storm debris. We were among those rolling up their sleeves. Saturday, in the falling snow, Nathan and I spent about an hour and a half sawing up branches and hauling off twigs and smaller branches. (Cody helped too as you can see in the pictures.) We have about 5 wood piles in our yard right now. One of them is over 6 ft tall! (It's between two trees, so it's secure). It's just never-ending....you can pick up one stack of branches and come back and see more twigs, etc in the same spot you just picked up! I am amazed at the intricate design of trees and their branches, limbs, twigs, etc. They are all unique. I was even amazed at the shear force some of these branches had as they fell like spears into the ground. Some of them were imbedded in the mud up to 6 inches deep! It's a process that will keep up busy for awhile. For now, we have cleared our yard and driveway of the biggest and most cumbersome, but the piles still remain for another day.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I see Cody's helping with his chainsaw!! Paul would be proud!