Monday, April 28, 2008

Moving along and counting down

The school year is on it's way to winding down. Only 3.5 weeks or 18 days, but who's counting! We cannot believe Trevor has almost completed Kindergarten! It's really gone by fast. He has learned and grown so much. What a fun experience. Today is a day off for teacher collaberation. It's making realize that "summer" is just around the corner....in some ways I'm ready for a break from the "hectic-at-times" school-year routine and in others, I enjoy that schedule. It will be an adjustment for all of us to be together all day every day after our 9 month "separation" of sorts. (I apologize for my over-abundance of "'s and hyphens today! Don't know what the "deal" is. hahahaha) We have tball to keep us going through June and then we have vacation! We will leave two months from today! We are going to Ft. Walton Beach, FL. We are staying here. We are so excited. The boys are really anxious to see and play at the beach. Nathan and I went to Ft. Walton Beach 4 years ago when I was 7 months pregnant with Cody. It was our 5 year anniversary celebration. (Since we spent our 5 year anniversary closing on a house and moving). We told ourselves as we enjoyed the beach, this would be a great place to bring our kids on vacation. This will be our first family vacation. We can't wait.

As for this week, I am getting ready for a neighborhood garage sale next weekend. (It's the city-wide garage sale for Webb City Fri/Sat too) I spent a couple days last week and all afternoon Saturday going through the boys' clothes and other items in the basement to place in the garage sale. I think that's the easy part.....even though I dreaded it and it took lots of effort to begin, now I have the daunting task of pricing everything. Ugh. I am determined to get rid of some of the toys that just sit as well. We'll see how it goes.

Nathan and the boys--namely Trevor, have enjoyed the new basketball goal from Nathan's birthday. We weren't able to take the goal with us from our old house when we moved, so we've been without for almost two years. (how have we survived?) :-) This goal was a birthday present and Nathan spent a good part of last weekend and the first part of the week preparing, assembling and installing the goal. It's been used every day since. :-)

That's about it for us here. Most of our classes, groups and meetings for the year are ending. We are ready for a break. Now if it would just stay mildly warm and sunny for more than two days.

No comments: