Friday, April 3, 2009

Soggy Soccer Start

Last Thursday was Trevor's first soccer game--ever. It started raining in the afternoon and when the phone rang at 4:30, I thought for sure that was his coach calling with a cancellation. Nope. Instead, he told me they were going to play since it wasn't lightening. Okay.... So, we dressed accordingly--as best you can for steady, soaking rain--and headed out. The soccer fields were full of teams and people--in the rain! I couldn't believe it! Thank goodness we have a really large umbrella. :o) Cody was prepared with his Buzz Lightyear raincoat and rain boots and his umbrella. Trevor did good and his coach said he scored a goal. It was hard to see at times with people in front of us with umbrellas and just the general "clustering" of the kids around the ball. This is our first soccer game-ever-too! :o) We were scheduled to play last Sat too, but the snowy forecast and COLD temps canclled that. I'm glad. We have a game this TH evening, which seems to be forecasted as cool, but Saturday's sunny, 70-degree game looks really nice!
****UPDATE***** Last.night's. (TH) game. was. F-R-E-E-Z-I-N-G!!!!!! Trevor got to play goalie and I think he enjoyed that. Looked a lot better with him just standing in front of the goal, instead of him just standing in the middle of the action! :o) hahaha--He wasn't "into" the game last night. Hopefully, Saturday will be better--weather and play wise!
Trevor is the bosy with the hood--second one in from the right side of pic.

Here's Trevor waiting for the ball to come back over his way. :o)The pack chasing the ball. That's his coach on the sidelines...he's kinda blurry in this pic.Cody watching the game....and ready to go home!

No comments: