Trevor's first top tooth has been loose for what seems like for-ev-er! It's been hanging on by threads for the past couple of weeks. Every chance I have I've encouraged him to pull it....for fear that he might swallow it in his sleep---he grinds his teeth when he sleeps and I just knew it would come out that way. Last night, as he brushed his teeth, he unknowingly knocked it out! I was in the bathroom helping Cody get his bath and glanced at Trevor brushing his teeth. I thought his mouth looked funny and I think he saw my face trying to figure out what I saw.....then it hit us both! I said "Your tooth!!" Then we both looked down at the sink, with the water running and his toothbrush in his hand in mid-air. I looked with urgency--so afraid it would go (or had already gone) down the drain. Thank the Lord, there it was in the sink, on the side. I snatched it up and we began to celebrate! Cody, in the shower, shouted "Tre'er (that's how he says Trevor) you lost your tooth? Yeah, that's my big brother!" He was so proud to have that tooth out! He kept walking around feeling the empty space with his tongue. We said goodnight to him and he said "goodnight to the toothless boy!" :o) This morning, he came out and brought us in his room to show us the tooth fairy left $1, a pack of gum and some of her "fairy dust". He's still so excited today! Now, we just need to work on the other top tooth....maybe by Christmas--then he could really sing "All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth"!

The new missing tooth!

Fairy dust on the table....

Showing his tooth fairy gifts....and I just realized, he's covered his missing tooth!
No comments:
Post a Comment