Trevor started 2nd Grade today! He was so excited! He woke up in a good mood, enjoyed a special cherry turnover breakfast on his "special" plate
*. (His request) :o) He willingly posed for a traditional first-day-of-school picture on the front porch, but protested on the way to school having to pose for a picture in front of the school sign. :o) I won out--and I was NOT the only parent with that idea! By the time Trevor got out of the van in the school parking lot, his nerves had taken over. Both Nathan and I could tell by the look on his face, he was nervous. :o) He walked quickly (a bit in front of us) to his classroom and sat right down at his desk. There was an extra teacher in the room, which I assumed was maybe an aide.....but his teacher, Mrs. Benham, explained to us that her son had had an emergency appendectomy the day before and she would be out of the classroom until next week. :o( Mrs. Foos, a newly retired (after 34 yrs) teacher is filling in for Mrs. Benham. So, Trevor has a temporary teacher. We were both understanding, but yet a little concerned about Trevor....he tends to get queasy when he gets really nervous and we both knew this was a situation that would cause that effect. :o) I was relieved to not recieve a phone call from the school concerning Trevor, but instead pick him up off the bus as normal! It was pouring down rain and thundering moments before Trevor's bus came, so Cody and I met him at the top of our street in the van. He had a good day and was glad to be home again. They had popsicles today as a treat! He was bummed b/c they had to have recess inside due to the rainy weather. :o) At open house Monday night, he was SO THRILLED to see Mrs. Benham's large reading area in the classroom. She has an extensive collection of books to choose from and Trevor just kept picking up books and looking at them! I know he will be anxious to get to reading! I think Mrs. Benham will be a great teacher. We prayed about Trevor's teacher, that the Lord would give us his choice....he has more than exceeded that request in the past. So, onward into 2nd grade!
(*The special plate is a red plate that says "You are special today". Mom got it for us....it's the same as she has and we used it on our birthdays and other speical occasions. Trevor is really good about remembering to pull it out for special events, such as losing teeth!) :o)
Traditional first day of school picture....disappointed that it's blurry!

Trying to get him to look over his shoulder

In front of the school sign

Outside his classroom...just for fun

Posing at his desk for me....even though I'm sure he was totally embarrased!

This is Mrs. Benham....I snuck a picture as we walked off.
No comments:
Post a Comment