After just a week at home from FL, Nathan traveled to Copenhagen, Denmark for work for a whole week. The boys and I spent most of that week at my mom's swimming and playing and swimming. :-) Did I mention we went swimming? :-) Dad was on a week-long fishing trip to Canada, so we all enjoyed each other's company. The boys enjoyed the pool and playing in Gamma's sandbox and all of her special "surprises" (aka...more toys). We took a trip to Silver Dollar City with Aunt Libby and had a great day. It is nice to be back home in our house....however, this week it's in the upper 90's and we miss Poppy's pool!! :-)
Nathan had a good trip. He took a class on some different software/proceedures there. The weather was in the 60's-70's . He went sight seeing in the evenings with his classmates who were from England, Croatia, Belgium and Germany. (I hope I have that right). SOunds like they had a great time together and enjoyed lots of card games too. I will post some of his trip pictures later...they're on our old digital camera and we haven't dumped them off yet. Maybe I'll even let Nathan post about his trip. :-)
Nathan flew out of Tulsa, OK and we drove him down there and planned to pick him up as he'd be tired from all the travel and time difference. He made it safely back to the US in Chicago's O'Hare airport, but had some delays on the flight to Tulsa. They eventually cancelled it....after the boys and I were already in Tulsa ready to pick him up. He ended up getting a new flight into Springfield--so we drove from Tulsa to SPfld to pick him up. We got home around 10:45....which meant that Nathan had been up for about 24 hours traveling. (He was 7 hours ahead of us in Denmark and had to get up early--around 4 am--there--which would have been 11pm here. He's pretty much caught up on his sleep, I think...we took naps on Sunday and it's always helpful to be back in your own bed!
I'll post pics from our week tomorrow.
1 comment:
Welcome HOME! to all of you! What a nice time for Gramma to have you at AshGrove....and for you to enjoy a "relaxing" few days with your mom/Gramma...and "swimming" too..and that Libby could join you for some of that time too! What an experience for Nathan. Glad he is safely back HOME too! Will look forward to the pix to follow! Love you all........
Post a Comment