Monday, July 28, 2008

Cody's Splish-Splash Birthday Bash

Cody turned 4 yesterday! For his birthday, we had a party on Saturday....a "pool" party. Well, just kiddie pools..... They had a great time! We had one "big" pool, a medium pool and a baby pool for fishing. We had a slip-n-slide and water balloons. It was REALLY H-O-T, but we still enjoyed ourselves. Dad, aka, Poppy, filled up a tub full of water balloons for the kids (and some adults) to throw. As my brother-in-law, Joe said "3 hours worth of work all gone in 3 mintues!" The water balloons were a blast....and Poppy had fun filling them and trying to keep any "lifters" away. (The kids were sneaking over to him to try to take some balloons as he filled them, so he would spray them with the hose. I don't know who had more fun with that game!) It was a beautiful day, despite the heat and the nice weather lasted until all the outside fun had been had. Just when it was time for everyone to leave, it clouded up and began to threaten rain--and it did rain (which we needed desperately!) I forgot to add that Cody's cousin, Evan, (Nathan's cousin Amy's son) had a birthday party Saturday morning. We went to Evan's party--had a great time playing lazer tag and arcard games, eating pizza and cake--came home and the boys took a quick nap while Nathan and I set up for Cody's party. Evan's birthday is today, the 28th....we are always hoping our parties don't overlap! :-)

Cody's cake was a swimming pool cake. I got the idea from a magazine article my Grandma Ward (Gigi) sent me a few years ago. I made a round cake and made a round Jello Jiggler with berry blue jello. When the cake was done and the jello set, I cut a "hole" in the cake and put the jello in the hole. I added Teddy Grahams as swimmers....some on gum sticks as towels or rafts and some in gummy life savers as blow-up swim rings. It was fun to make and looked really neat. His cupcakes were topped with more Teddys in their gummy rings.
Yesterday, we tried out the new toys and cleaned up the outside. It was a nice family day and a good birthday for Cody. We had a few little presents saved for yesterday--so he'd have something to open on his actual birthday. (I don't know if he got the concept that he had a birthday PARTY and then his actual birthDAY. He was calling his party, his birthday. ) :-) It was a great time and so much fun to plan, but I'm glad it's over too! :-) Here are some pictures from the party.
Cody, enjoying a party favor in front of the birthday sign.

Birthday Boy posing for me afer church. He wore a "birthday boy" ribbon.

Trevor and Evan


We borrowed a pop up tent from mom and dad for extra shade....so glad we did!

Poppy defending his water balloons


Swimming fun

More swimming action
Poppy's pile of water balloons
The fight beginsAnd continues.....
Where to throw??....
Kids at the party hanging out
Me and the swarm of kids to see the presents....they kept getting closer and closer.
Family picture at the end of the day.
Food table...inside, of course. :-)
Treat pails filled with chalk, sunglasses, bubbles, a mini beach ball, a water gun, lifesavers, a sucker and a pop-ice popsicle (to take home and freeze)
Cupcakes
Family tradition of birthday breakfast in bed.
Cody ready to blow out the candle.
Cody's Swimming Pool Cake.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved seeing all the pictures! Your pictures were so great, I almost felt like I had been there! It is obvious, EVERYONE was having a great time! What a nice big yard to accommodate the pools and the water fun! Cody looks so much older now that he is 4! And Trevor looked like a good, helpful and happy big brother! What a wonderful and creative Mom you are! Cody had a really special party and special cake! Your party favor pails were fantastic! I'll bet they were a big hit! How nice that the hot weather made it perfect for the wet and outdoor fun...and that the rain and stormy weather held off until later!
Super thanks for sharing! I enjoy your Blogs!
Love you all!