Thursday, September 25, 2008

Best Friends and Spy Teams

It's a big deal around here lately to be a "best friend" or on a "spy team". Your elegibility is established upon daybreak and can change in an instant throughout the day--so you better be on your toes. All self-worth is placed on the coveted role of best friend and/or for being on the spy team. Beware, at any time this prestigious position can and will be stripped from you! If you don't comply--you don't share a toy or food--your days on the spy team are OVER!

(Just a note: I have NO idea what the spy team actually is, other than a "blackmailing" tactic. I don't think they hold meetings or anything....at least I've never seen them in action--except perhaps when the boys are playing chase outside. However, I in no way discredit them and at the same time, I am in no way affilitated with them. )

The conversations overheard in the car--mostly on the way to school-- have lots to do with spy teams and best friends. Trevor constantly threatens Cody with not being on his spy team. :-) Today, he even went as far as to ban Cody AND all his friends too! Things are getting very serious, my friends. :-) Cody is more of the "best friends" type. He feels great if he's made the cut, but is devastated if not....This mostly comes into play when the boys are playing with their cousin Kaydley. She announced to Cody a couple of weeks ago at lunch that he wasn't her best friend anymore. He was in tears!! Very distraught. Neither us, nor Joe and Christy heard the "denouncement", rather we saw the tears and had to stiffle our laughter when we found the reason for the tears. We explained that b/c they're family, they don't get to be friends. :-) Cody, very sheepishly asked Kaydley if they could be best friends again.....she declined again and after mom's prompting, accepted his request. All is right with the world again!

Play your cards right and you just might be able to be both a best friend AND on the spy team! :-) Good luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's so funny!!! I can just see Cody doubling over in tears, completely distraught over not being Kaydley's BF anymore!!! How funny!