Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First Day of Preschool

Today was Cody's first day of preschool. He was SO excited to go!! He's been ready since we signed him up in the spring. He was so proud to finally get to go to school. We went to his open house last week and learned that he would be the first Snack Helper, the Line Leader, and the Flag Holder all week this week. So excited for that as well! :-) He was quiet as we walked in to the classroom...not scared, just a bit shy. He found his cubby, handed over the snacks and got to pull out his school box of crayons. (Coloring is not his favorite thing to do.) :-) Miss Missy helped him to his seat and showed him the picture to color. He gave me a hug AND a kiss on the cheek--all voluntarily!! I decided to go ahead and skip out just in case he decided he didn't want to stay. I watched him from the doorway for a couple of minutes--he looked around the room and got out of his chair--I'm sure he was headed for all the neat toys in the room---espeically the train table. Imagine his disappointment when he had to sit back down and ......color. :-) He did fine and colored a nice picture. I arrived early enough to peek in and watch him in circle time. So fun! He was excited about getting to play on the playground and other than that didn't say too much about his morning. We met up with Daddy at McDonald's for lunch. A special morning. I had a great morning--all by myself!! (Don't get me wrong, I missed Cody, but it was nice to have a couple hours to shop around and not have to bring snacks and toys for entertainment. ) Today going into the preschool, I was the mother who stood by herself to pick up her child. For two years, I watched those mothers, as I held my wriggly one/two-year-old after lugging him up the stairs, wondering what that would be like..... now I know! :-)Big Preschooler
Big Brother sharing in the first day pictures.Big preschooler in front of school sign.
Miss Missy helping Cody find his school box.
Coloring at his table
Lined up and ready to go home.Recounting events to Daddy over lunch.
Big preschooler lunch at McDonald's.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! How exciting, Cody, to see how much you have grown and to know that you are in preschool! I loved seeing the pictures of you working (coloring) at your table. What a fun McDonald's lunch celebration. Great Grandma Peterson always loved to celebrate special times at McDonalds too! I know you will have a fun and good year at preschool! I'll be thinking about you! Love you!