Sunday, September 21, 2008

Preschool Pro

Cody is absolutely LOVING preschool. He feels SO important getting to go to school. He only goes on T/TH but I think he would go everyday if he could. :-) The first week of school, he was the snack helper, flag holder, and line leader! You can imagine the pride he felt! :-) He shares the songs he learns and told me "Miss Missy says 'Sep-tem-ber'". He really is learning a lot and we are hearing a lot! So fun! On Thursdays, they have the option to stay for "extended day" for $8 extra. You bring a lunch and you get to stay, eat lunch and play for a couple extra hours. I asked him on the first TH if he wanted to stay for lunch at school and with NO hesitation, he excitedly replied "yeah!". We just finished the 3rd week of preschool and he has stayed every TH for extended day. (It's amazing how different each of the boys are b/c Trevor didn't like to stay longer at preschool--unless he knew one of his buddies would be there. Cody has had the privelege of watching Trevor do all this first and more time to ready himself for that. Trevor has blazed a great path for Cody.) I really enjoy the extended day too....I get 5 hours to myself on TH! I am able to run errands, get my hair done, or just shop! It is great...but I'm glad it's just T/TH....then I still get my baby home all the other days....for now.

No comments: