Ground Zero--this is from the courtyard side of the Twin Towers.
A list of names of all those who died on Septebmer 11, 2001I tried to explain last night to Trevor what today is about.....that's really hard to do. How do you explain hatred and evil like that? It's sad to me that I even have to explain what happened 7 years ago. We visited Ground Zero on a trip to New York in 2005. It was very somber there. In a city that "never sleeps", it was very quiet on this block. As we visited, a fire truck zoomed right past Ground Zero with it's siren's wailing. It sent goosebumps...to hear that sound...in that place.....
The American flag was emblazened on that truck. Our nation seems to have become so comfortable again that the patriotism displayed in the days/weeks/months following 9/11 have gone by the wayside. There are more American flags being flown than before, but not like there were immediately afterwards. As I opened my bible this morning, the first verse I thought of and turned to was one that I read in the days following 9/11. It's one that held true when it was written thousands of years ago and one that is so true today.
2 Chronicles 7:14"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and trun from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
May God be with those who lost their precious loved ones 7 years ago today.

Cross made of beams from the World Trade Center.....with some debris on it.
No comments:
Post a Comment