One daddy, one mommy, two boys, a cat and a dog and all the little everyday adventures we encounter.
Thursday, May 7, 2009
Pondering.....
Trevor and I had a long talk the other night. In our prayer time, Nathan mentioned that Trevor's never alone, Jesus is always with him--even if Mom and Dad aren't around. After Nathan left, Trevor fell apart on me :o)--he was sad that Jesus had to die and wanted Jesus real and in the flesh in his room. Thus began a long conversation about Jesus and how he's always with us, even though we can't see him--much like the wind. He asked lots of questions about people and pets who have died and seeing them in heaven. I, personally, feel that the animals we've loved in this life, will be with us again in Heaven--Nathan stands rather legalistically on that, stating the Bible doesn't specify. :o) Glad I was talking! :o) Anyway, I asked him if he loved Jesus and he said he loves both God and Jesus and so I mentioned that he could say a "special" prayer and ask Jesus into his heart and he'd always be with him. I never realized how hard it would be to try to explain "the Plan" to a child. How to you explain the fact that the old sacrifices wouldn't do and that Jesus himself was the sacrifice for all of us?! I attempted to summarize it the best I could for a 7-year-old w/o getting too deep, but still hitting the main point. Trevor said he wanted to say the special prayer, so I led him in a version of the "sinner's prayer". He repeated everything I said and I'm confident God heard us and I don't think I needed to be verbatim on the wording I've heard before. But, oddly enough, I almost felt like there should have been choirs singing or something to signify this moment. (However, I was led in that same prayer in the 5th grade--not having any clue what I was saying. I do think, in looking back, it impacted my life--perhaps it was the defining moment when my "chosenness" was sealed. It wasn't until high school that I really began to seek the Lord more and not until college that I developed a personal relationship with God.) I don't think Trevor is really "there" yet in his understanding and desire to be saved, BUT, I do think that he's definitely on the road. We've both been praying for his heart lately. We can see some changes in him. Please pray for Trevor as he searches for his way to the Lord.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I bet the choirs were singing in heaven! And I'm sure I know some Great-Grandparents, Aunt Marilee, Uncle Buz and lots of others who were sharing in the joyous event! PTL! And we share in that joy too!
We will keep Trevor in our prayers. We love you all!
Post a Comment