Both boys were out of school last Friday for school meetings. I decided it would be fun to make some of our "cookie-cutter" cookies. I usually make some of these cookies for Thanksgiving, so I thought this would be a great way to get the cookies made in advance (I will freeze them) and be fun for the kids--they LOVE to eat the dough! :o) We've done the cookie making thing together before, so I knew what to expect. CHAOS! This is dough you have to make up in advance and refridgerate, then warm before rolling out to cut your cookies. The boys entertained themselves while the dough came to room temperature and I got it all set out. I gave each boy a golf ball size chunk of dough, a sprinkling of flour and their own rolling pins (thank you Target $ spot!) :o) I worked on rolling out/cutting out as many cookies as I could before they ate all their portion of dough. This time, they didn't seem to eat as much of the dough as they played with it. Trevor did end up cutting out two cookies from his portion and Cody......he just enjoyed punching his dough and making little characters from it. :o) We had ourselves a great time! As the dough was whittled down to the last cookie, I began to survey the "damage" from all our fun. The words that kept running through my mind were like that Master Card commercial: Cookie dough and flour: $2.50; kid-sized rolling pins, $2.00; most of the dough and flour on the floor--5 minutes of clean-up; time with your kids laughing and making memories---priceless!

Happily pounding away at their dough with spatulas

Sampling the dough

Having SO much fun!

I like this picture...shows the mess and their fun laughter

The aftermath.....


After sweeping this up, I figured we could have filled a cookie sheet with cookies from all this.
No comments:
Post a Comment