Monday, February 18, 2008

Clean room, messy closet

Saturday evening I went out to pick up some pizza. I was gone for about 45 minutes --it's way on the other side of Joplin--but it's Little Cesar's. (They made a comeback after going out of business for around 10 years and we loved them in college.) When I got home, Trevor was very anxious to show me the play room. He had me close my eyes till I got to the room and then open them to see a very clean room! I was so impressed as my eyes scanned the entire room, looking at all that had been put away. The floor was spotless--not a lingering toy in sight. As I scanned, my "mommy mind" began to wonder where all the toys had gone to that had just minutes earlier covered the floor. 'Did he put all those away?', I thought......Then he opened the closet door.....I laughed SO HARD!!! It was like in a cartoon--ALL the toys I had been wondering about were stacked in the corner of the closet--one on top of the other. How they stayed there, I don't know. They are still there this morning. I took a picture before they collapse. Trevor is out of school today for President's Day, so I'm sure it won't last much longer.

No comments: