Friday, February 1, 2008

FINALLY!....SNOW!

We finally got some snow! It's not much--Nathan measured 1.25"--I'm thinking we have drifts of 2" in spots! :-) It has covered the grass, so maybe it is 2"--not bad, but they were calling for 5-7" or more. We didn't see that here, but in areas to our West and South they did. One spot in KS had 10" by noon! Wow. We were really looking forward to a big snow. It flurried ALL day and as it started to snow around 8:45, it stuck right away, but then melted. It did this off and on ALL day. So disappointing. Finally, around 3 or so, it began to stick and stay. It came pretty fast and continued until around 8ish maybe. We'll take it. It was plenty to sled--we tested it! Trevor came in after school for only 45 mintues and he was back out, with Cody in tow. It's funny, Cody saw the snow all day--well, the flurries and was excited, but it wasn't until it was covering the ground that he really acknowledged it and asked to go play in it. Trevor, as he came off the bus, was ready to play--even without gloves or boots! The boys played outside last night for about 2 hours. THey used their squirt bottles (filled with food coloring and water--to paint the snow) on the snow and themselves! I joined them for about 30 minutes and went down the hill a couple times. Daddy joined us too when he got home. He even went down the hill too. (Cocoa played for a little bit, but she was too excited, so she had to go back up. She's been in the basement--in her crate--the past few days b/c she got spayed this week. She has to not run/jump/play for 5 days to ensure proper healing--yeah right.) The boys were already to go out first thing this morning and I've held them off as long as I can. It's 9:07am and they're suiting up. I will have to post more later as I need to go put on boots, gloves and hats! I'll have pictures then too! Off to play in the snow!

No comments: