Monday, February 11, 2008

Icy Day at Home

Last week, I had a cold and wanted so badly to have a day to stay in my jammies and veg out. I didn't get it. Today, now that my cold is almost gone.....I got that day. We heard yesterday at church that there was ice coming and I almost didn't believe the people. We've had so many close calls with the "winter storm watch" lately, that I didn't give it much of a thought. However, we were awakened this morning about 4:30 to thunder and rain. Freezing rain. I got up as usual about 6ish and I stepped out on our porch to bring in my flag--it was frozen stiff and nearly frozen on it's holder. I turned on the tv to see school out for the day. We are to get sleet, rain and freezing rain off and on all day and temps dropping into the night. Wonder if we'll be out tomorrow too. It's nice to have these "snow" days, but I am almost dreading the extended school year.....I'd like to go on vacation before it's too hot! :-) (I think Trevor's going to play summer baseball this year, so we'll have to wait until June anyway.) It's still nice, to be able to stay in my jammies today and not have to have the normal Monday morning rush to get breakfasts, get dressed and out the door to school. Libby just called and she is going back home...her office is closing due to the weather. It would really make the day if Nathan could do the same, but I doubt they do. We will just enjoy our cozy day at home ourselves.

No comments: