One daddy, one mommy, two boys, a cat and a dog and all the little everyday adventures we encounter.
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Always gets me
Sunday night I was watching TV and flipped between Scott Baio is 46 & Pregnant and Rudy. (As a reality TV junkie, I got sucked into the Scott Baio saga when he was "45 & Single"--I can't miss "season 2"!) Anyway, I've seen Rudy several times before and it's such a good movie--it's long and somewhat drawn out, but it's so good, and really, the last 10 mintues of the movie make all the rest of it worth it. (If you havent' seen Rudy, I recommend it, a quick recap--based on a true story, Rudy is a short, stalky, Catholic boy from IN who desperately wants to play football for Notre Dame. He scraps his way into ND and eventually makes the team, only to sit the bench. At the last game of his senior year, the rest of the team rallies for Rudy to get to play--much to the coach's dismay. Of course, he does and that's the movie.) When I first turned it on, Rudy was still in his quest to make the football team, and I didn't feel the need to watch it, so I finished Scott Baio and turned back just in time. I sat there, telling myself, you've seen this before, you know how it goes....but I still felt myself tensing up--almost chanting Rudy, Rudy, Rudy with the rest of the crowd. Finally, in the very last mintues of the game, the head coach reluctantly lets Rudy onto the field and the crowd goes wild. Tears came to my eyes---out of a combination of the true cinderella story that is Rudy and the musical score of that part of the movie....it's outstanding. I too, felt the pride. Coincidentally, Rudy was on last night as well, and as Nathan turned it on, it was the final minutes of the game--crowd chanting, music building and Rudy rushing onto the field--again, the same flush of excitement and anticipation--I just saw it three days earlier. While Rudy doesn't make my list of all-time favorite movies, it does make my list of all time favorite movie moments. If you're looking for a feel-good movie, this is it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment