I apologize for the delay in posting this....the past two days were really busy and I just didn't get to the computer. Without further ado, here is the 1st day of school rundown.Trevor had a great first day of school. He was very excited! Very proud of his new Superman lunch box (it matches his Superman backpack--recycled from last year). When we walked into the classroom 3 other students said "Hi Trevor!"--I think they were in his class last year--2 of them were girls. He hasn't disclosed how he knows them. :-) He actally gave us more info that first evening than he did all last year. :-) I think he enjoys being the "older" student....having that school experience. I can tell a difference in him at the end of the day too--he handles the day better. By the end of the first day of Kindergarten, he was nearly asleep on his feet. It's as if he already knows what to do this time around. He has fallen right back into our school routine wonderfully.
The first day was pretty lax...going over proceedures, etc. His favorite part of school is the new playground equipment and the bigger playground. :-) He even spotted most of his classmates from Kindergarten--I think it made him feel good to see that even though they're not in the same class, they're all still in the same building. Today is day 3 and we're still trying to figure out this new school and new building. When I say "new" I mean new to us....it's unfamilar territory as the Kindergarten was it's own building. This building houses 1st and 2nd grades and it's like a maze to me right now! All kinds of hallways and rooms...... :-) We have missed the first bell the past two days and have taken Trevor straight to his classroom. I don't think that's bad and he's not late...it's just a matter of getting everything figured out and getting a routine of sorts. Trevor's classroom is at the end of the hall and an outside door, however, the door locks at 7:48, so we can't use it. Instead, we have to go in through the main entrance and pass through the cafeteria and down the hall. We'll get it soon enough! :-) Here are some pictures from the first day.
First day of 1st Grade
Trevor wanted Cody in the picture...and to show his Superman backpack and lunchbox.
In front of the school sign....he didn't want to pose here until he saw another boy having to. :-)
Getting off the school bus
He posed this way on his own! He's the master baker.
Rolling out the cookies.....
And, of course, eating the dough.
Cookies we made for Trevor. They are school buses....and a cardinal (for Webb City Cardinals--it's in the center) and our family (at the top).
1 comment:
Great pictures! Trevor looks so old and grown up. The picture with T, the backpack, lunchbox and C is hilarious! The cookies were a great idea. You're a good mom!
Post a Comment