Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Today is Thanksgiving! It's taken awhile to get here, yet at the same time I can't believe it's already the end of November and the beginning of the "holiday season" is upon us. I can't wait for the mashed potatoes and sweet corn, the rolls, the green beans, the 7-layer-salad, the pumpkin pie....oh yeah, and the turkey!! We lived in such a blessed Nation. Even in an "economic crisis", we have an abundance. It's evident in the stores--shelves are still crammed full of clothing and toys and electronics. I was able to go to the grocery store and fill my cart with food for this holiday. I was very aware of that this year. It almost seems "wrong" to "have" when there are so many who don't. Let's not forget that this year. Thank the Lord for the wonderful blessing He has given us this past year. Even and especially, the simple things like the sunshine, air in our lungs, family, friends, and most of all, Life.

"Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name." Psalms 95:2

No comments: