Friday, June 20, 2008

Feline Fun

Our cat Chloe likes to play hide and seek. She's been playing since she was a kitten. She's not a very affectionate cat, so this is her way of telling us she likes us. Anyway, she and I have enjoyed some really fun games of hide and seek over the years. Every night for the past week, she has been "meeting" me in the hall as I go check on the boys one more time before going to bed. It's like clockwork.....she hears me going across the hall and I can hear her bell running to position. She waits in the playroom, right next door to Cody's room. I always hit Cody's room first. She sits, ready to pounce as I slowly peek around the doorway and she jumps up to get me. As soon as she pounces and I lean over, she runs into the darkness of the room and waits until I retreat to resume position. We play this over and over until I'm ready to walk on to Trevor's room.....I can't get her to follow me. :-) It's been so cute to see her get ready and now she's trying to change her position and hide on the other side of the doorway and lunges across the opening to get me. She still has her claws and uses them, or I'd really play with her. So fun. What fun that God created her to like that game and sent her to us to play it together!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You've had Chloe for quite a long time! How old is she? What joy pets bring to our lives! Since you've had to put miles between your dog (Cocoa,? am I remembering correctly) and you I'm glad Chloe is still with you. How is Cocoa doing on the "farm"?
Thanks for the cute picture and the fun pet love story!