Sunday, December 21, 2008

The 25 Days of Christmas meme

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Both....it depends upon the gift. However, this year, I have wrapped all presents. Only one is in a gift bag.
2. Real tree or artificial?
We have an artificial tree. It's much easier...I can put it up and take it down whenever I want...and I don't have to water it or worry about pine needles. However, we had a real tree when I was little...I think I was maybe 10 or 12 when we got an artificial tree. I loved getting to go pick out our tree from the tree lot. I love the smell of a real tree too.

3. When do you put up the tree?
Usually the weekend of Thanksgiving. We did put it up the Saturday before Thanksgiving this year....

4. When do you take down the tree?
I usually take it down the day or two after Christmas. The kids stay at Gumma and Poppys an extra couple of days and it's easier to do it while they're gone.

5. Do you like egg nog?
NO!

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
I don't know that I had a favorite gift....I remember being really excited to find a kitchen set that my dad made on Christmas morning on year. Another memory is finding twin Cabbage Patch dolls for my sister and I.

7. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes....in fact I have started a little collection of Nativity sets.

8. Hardest person to buy for?
Maybe my dad or my husband...cause they want "guy" stuff like tools and things like that. Boring. :o)

9. Easiest person to buy for?
My sister. I always enjoy shopping for her.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail!

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Don't know....

12. Favorite Christmas movie?
Oooh....that's a tough one.... It's a tie--A Christmas Story, Christmas Vacation, and The Polar Express. I never get tired of watching these!

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
As soon as I can. This year I was done the first week of December....so nice!

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Oh yes!! :o)

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
We always make up a deli-tray of sorts....Cookie-cutter sugar cookies for sure!

16. Clear or colored Christmas lights?
Both....I always used to think clear lights were boring, but they can be really tasteful. I do like colored lights too....just in moderation.

17. Favorite Christmas song?
I like all of them

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
We travel to my parents house. Someday we'll stay home. For now it's fun to go to "gumma and poppy's".

19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner and Blitzen....and Rudolph, of course.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
We have a star. When I was little, my dad made a star out of this yellow plastic material...it was lopsided, but so sweet. :o) I remember sitting and looking at that star every year. When I got older, we replaced the star with an angel who held two lights representing candles....she shorted out one of the first times we lit her up and never worked since.

21. Open presents Christmas eve or morning?
We have family in NE who mail presents and so we always open their presents on Christmas Eve and all the rest on Christmas morning. When we were little, if mom got us pajamas, we opened them on CE.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
The crowds.....I worked retail during the holiday seasons in college and it was so annoying how irritable the people would be the closer it got to Christmas. I mean, Christmas comes at the same time every year people!! :o) This year, I'm annoyed that we're still going to school on the Monday and Tues morning before Christmas!

23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
I have red and white with snowflakes on my tree. The tree skirt is red and white. My tree is a hodge-podge of ornaments....mostly Hallmark collectibles.

24. Favorite dinner for Christmas?
We are never consistent for Christmas dinner....it could be lasagna, enchiladas, or steak....We will have Chili and Mac-n-Cheese on Christmas Eve....looking forward to Libby's chilli!

25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
To be with family and cherish the time we have together. For Jesus' love to abound more and more!

No comments: