Thursday, December 4, 2008

Santa Clause is coming....

Trevor asked the question Monday morning....."Is Santa real?" Pause.....what do I say...I don't want to lie, but I don't want this to end yet...he's too young! My response: "What do you think?" Trevor, after a couple seconds thought....:"Yes!" But, I could tell the wheels were going.... I haven't asked him why he asked me that? I'm assuming it's some influence at school perhaps. I've planned to attend our Parents As Teachers Christmas Fun Night to see Santa. They get the BEST Santa. And, we've had a picture taken with Santa since Trevor's first Christmas. (Plus, I figure we won't be able to do this too much longer) Then, while we were in line waiting to see Santa...(right as Santa entered the building) Trevor tells me he thinks Santa is "fake" he's just "wearing a mask". I reminded him that Santa is really busy at the North Pole and has to have "helpers"..... He quickly forgot all about this as our turn neared. He got his list ready--he'd written a list on a sticky note so he wouldn't forget. (It's a really pricey list....: TV, phone, pokemon (even though he knows we don't allow Pokemon), and a Nintendo DS). Thanks little boy down the street who has all these things!! :o) (Any advice on how to explain that 1) Santa has felt the economy this year and 2) you're only 6 years old--no way are you getting your own TV and phone and those things just aren't going to happen?!?) :o) Despite all that, we had a great visit with Santa. We made reindeer food--which Trevor has already reminded me we need to remember to bring to Gumma and Poppys! I will enjoy this sweet time while it lasts....
Reading Santa "the list"..... :o)

3 comments:

Val said...

How they grow up so fast - I'm so scared of those days!!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the picture where Trevor is reading Santa his list. That is too cute! And his list, that's great!! you're a good writer.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures....What a special and memory-making time of life...for the boys and for you and Nathan! This Great Aunt and retired educator LOVES your sharing of these precious times. The years pass sooo quickly! Glad you have captured in pix and narrative so many heart touching times....Thanks for sharing!
Love you all!