"A New Day". A phrase being uttered a lot lately. Today is a new day...it's the first full day with a brand new president. I did not vote for President Obama, but, I support him. He's my president, and we are to respect all authority over us. (1 Timothy 2: 1-3) It was exciting to watch the events of yesterday unfold! It is amazing to see the progress this nation and the human race have made. The weight of the position of President is unfathomable to us, and President Obama needs all our prayers. With that said, yesterday was also bittersweet for me as well. While I am amongst a vast minority in this nation, I greatly admired former President George W. Bush. I admired his integrity, his Republican viewpoints, but most of all, I admired his love of Jesus--and his unashamedly public profession of that love. Our Nation was founded on the principles of that love and I think, GW did his best to uphold that in his reign as President. I want to thank President Bush for leading our country for eight years. For making sure that I was safe, that my children and my family was safe and that you were safe. Everyday, he was briefed about the impending dangers that our Nation faces--something we are gladly obilivious to. He did the best he could. He made mistakes....and President Obama will make mistakes too. They're only human. Not much was said about former President Bush yesterday. He left quietly, in the shadows of the new President, heading to Retirement! I wish him rest and enjoyment with his family. He's earned it!
You may not agree with me....you may be more than glad to see Bush leave. And I may not agree with you--I don't think Obama is the answer to all our problems. Regardless of our views, one thing is for we must put aside our differences and work together for the common good. "'Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand.'" (Matthew 12:25).
2 comments:
You spoke our thoughts most eloquently! We couldn't agree more! Every inaugural day is an historic celebration! We are grateful to live in a wonderful country and for the smooth transition of power. We admired the efforts of those leaving office to facilitate a good beginning for those taking command. We were saddened at times yesterday as we watched great disrespect shown to our outgoing President during the joyous festivities for the new commander in chief. We are so grateful that our country has not been attacked since 9-11! We too admired, as you mentioned, the sincerity and boldness of GW to profess his faith. We believe as you, that it is important to support our new president. We enjoyed watching the historic events transpire. We pray God's blessing on our country and on President Obama. Thanks for sharing! We love you all........
It's like the country is waking up from an 8 year nightmare.
Post a Comment