So, yesterday....Thursday....wasn't the best day. Oddly enough, it started out good...I was up early and ahead of schedule. I got behind schedule getting myself ready and we were late getting Trevor to school....well, we might not have been if the boys hadn't scuffled right as Trevor got out of the van...but that's another story. Cody and I came home so I could eat breakfast before taking him to preschool and going to the store. As we left--in decent time--I glanced up in the rearview mirror. As I was glancing, I heard a smack. I looked over to the passenger's side of the van and noticed the side mirror was shattered and was facing the window. I had clipped the neighbor's mailbox! Great......I stopped the van and got out as Cody asked me "what'd you hit?" :o) I picked up the pieces of the mirror and encasement. I checked the mailbox--it was fine...although the smack opened the door of it. It was like 4 degrees yesterday morning too!! I got back in the van, trying to quickly answer Cody's questions and compose myself to call Nathan. I got ahold of him and told him the news....he asked if I told the neighbor....I hadn't reall thought of that...and really didn't think they were home. (I sure hope no one else was home and looking out their window then either!) :o) I turned around and went back to the scene....no one was home. By this time, the neighbor's dogs (and all the other street's dogs) were barking and joining me. Needless to say, Cody was late to preschool. Nathan thinks he'll be able to fix the mirror himself....which should save us some money. We just got our van back from "the shop" Monday (after being there a whole week) having some issues on it fixed. That was not a fun bill. And then I go and do this.....It could have been a lot worse. I'm thankful for that and it's a lesson learned!
Here are the remnants that I picked up.
The van without the mirror.
4 comments:
Hope Friday is much better for you - I know we have all had those days. Thank goodness for a handy husband to fix it. We want our kids to talk - but when things like that happen the last person you want to answer to is your child!! I know Maelynn is the first one to ask what did you mess up Mommy!
Girl, you have got to start taking Trevor to school in your PJ's. Just think all of this could have been avoided if Momma Herndon was comfortable in her PJ's. :-) LOL! Momma Chadd
WHAT'D YOU DO???????????????
Now, the story as you told me (or I heard for mom) was tha tyou were looking in your rearview mirror fixing your scarf....that's quite a difference from your version of "glancing in your rearview mirror"
Love your new pix to open the Blog! I empathize with the pain of the mishap in your van. We've all "been there" to some degree! In the big scheme of things it will be a forgotten happening(except for the subtle and maybe "priceless" reminder which remains and may unknowingly be responsible for avoiding a bigger incident!) No one was hurt and the car will be repaired! (Great that Nathan can do it!) Forgive yourself...We're looking forward to the next enjoyable happening and BLOG from you. Have a good weekend!
Love you all...........
Post a Comment