Monday, January 19, 2009

Snuggle Up With An Informercial

About a month or so ago, Trevor was watching TV and out of the blue mentions "I wish I had a Snuggie". A WHAT?? I sit there for a minute, wondering what in the world he's talking about. He points to the TV....it's an infomercial for the Snuggie--the not-a-blanket-because-it-can-fall-off-thing. I had to laugh. I'm sorry if you own a Suggie or want to....but this is the silliest thing. I mean it does make sense, but why not wear a robe? It does the same thing! I crack up at the infomercial--which they run on Nickelodian a lot--b/c they show a man in a Snuggie. Now, it has to be pretty cold here for Nathan to even think about grabbing a blanket or dressing in layers, as he's pretty warm natured. Both boys love the infomercials they see...you can see their eyes light up at most of the items being sold....Every time one of them airs, I am summoned to, at the very least, make an effort to glance in the direction of said ad. They even begin to sing along to the KIDS BOP CD ads. Some of their favorites are: Blendy pens--the art of fusion (or, as Cody likes to say--very innocently, I might add--"the art of confusion"; Bendy somethings...they are sticks that you can bend into anything; and of course, Billy Mays and his Sliders burgers. I asked Trevor what the name of the burger product was and he couldn't remember the name, but he did explain the device (which looks like a muffin tin) and told me "you don't have to flip 'em or squish 'em"! :o) It's pretty sad when they can quote the commercial nearly word-for-word! If he starts yelling like Billy Mays, I'm turning off the TV for good! :o)

1 comment:

Val said...

We have Noggin here and they don't have commercials - they do games like matching and counting in between shows and it is so much better - if one of the other channels gets switched on Maelynn is telling me about every Toy she needs!!