Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Toothless....

Trevor is beginning the new year without a tooth! I posted about his loose tooth about a month ago. He's worked on it off and on since then and Friday night (the 2nd) Nathan suggested Trevor try to pull it b/c it was so loose we were afraid he might swallow it. After some encouraging and some work, he did it--pulled his first tooth out all by himself!! He was SO proud of himself....and we're proud of him too!! I know I didn't have the guts to do that when I was little! He was so excited he even went to tell Chloe (our cat). :o) We don't have a tooth-fairy box or a pillow (I had a tooth fairy pillow--but Nathan says that's girly) so he put his tooth in a Spongebob Dixie Cup. He was very concerned with the Tooth Fairy coming....who is she, what does she look like, how does she get in, will I see her, have you seen her? I think I settled him more when I explained she's a fairy..."you know, like Tinkerbell". I think that gave him a mental image and allowed his imagination to flow--with pixie dust. I hope next tooth to leave some "pixie dust" for fun! :o) The Tooth Fairy left him $1.50 and a pack of gum. He's chewed a piece of gum every day since! :o) The new tooth is already on it's way up and the tooth next to it, is loose too....so it's just matter of time!
Here is the tooth still in the mouth. The junk all over his mouth is kool-aid...he is bad about kool-aid mustache! Contemplating pulling.....Working on getting it ready to pull.
Starting to pull......
It's out!!

New toothless smile

The tooth

Trevor and his tooth fairy "loot"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tooth fairy must be falling on hard times. She gave me $5 per tooth and that was 30 years ago.