Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Field Trip

Trevor's class took a field trip to the zoo yesterday. They travled to Springfield to the Dickerson Park Zoo...as there's not one locally. He had a great time! He was very talkative at dinner describing all he'd seen. No lions, and no giraffes...but we heard about a VERY large snake and the monkeys and the alligators. Plus, they got to play at a park! (Bonus!) The zoo has a park just outside the entrance, I imagine that's what he was referring to. Each student was to bring a sack lunch and two cans of pop. Trevor got to bring Dr Pepper and a Grape Shasta. (My favorite part of field trips as a kid was getting to bring a flavored Shasta pop. Shasta is very hard to find anymore....) He also got Cool Ranch Doritos and a Butterfinger candy bar!! He lived in luxury for a day! :0) I have to admit, I was nervous about him taking a bus ride all the way to Springfield.....I'm so thankful the Lord watched over the school and brought them home safely.

Cody got his own version of a field trip....Gumma came down to shop with me and we surprised Cody with Gumma at preschool pickup. We ate lunch at McDonald's and had a cookie at the mall. (Cookie at the mall is one of Cody's FAVORITES!! I'm surprised they don't know us by name! :0) Our visits there have slowed now that he has preschool.) Fun-filled day for everyone.

No comments: