Sunday, October 12, 2008

Firewood and Family

We spent a Saturday morning a month or so ago cutting firewood at Grandpa Jim's house. (Nathan's dad) When we got there he had a tree down and ready for us. We got right to work and from one tree, we filled our truck to the brim and have another large stack to pick up later. We all worked together--Nathan cut the logs, Jim brought them to the splitter, where Trevor would help split the large logs. Cody and I worked in the truck stacking the cut wood. The boys even brought their chainsaws to help! It went really fast and was actually fun. (I don't remember getting wood being fun when I was younger.....) After we cut all the wood, we had a nice lunch with Grandpa Jim and Miss Sandra on their screened-in porch. It was a beautiful fall day and was nice to be out enjoying it.....preparing for the cold! Here are some pics I took.....I don't think Grandpa was too happy about me taking pictures, but I'm glad I did! :-)Nathan, Grandpa Jim, and the boys cutting wood

Cody looking determined with his chainsaw.

Trevor mimicking Nathan with his own chainsaw.

Trevor running the splitter for Grandpa Jim.

No comments: