We've had a couple of school projects lately. Trevor had to do a "personality pig" for school--either reflecting your child's personality or a character. Trevor chose basketball. That was easy enough. I had some "jersey" material I had bought thinking I might use it for Trevor's room since his room is done in sports. I used that material to make the pig's uniform. It went pretty well. Trevor participated long enough to cut out the pig. He did give input and "atta-boy's" to me as he passed through. :-) It turned out really cute....and I must say, I think it is one of the best ones of the class. :-) But, I'm biased.
Cody's project was to decorate a pumpkin--"with only things you have on hand". Well....after searching through my craft tub, I decided on macaroni. I used elbow, bowtie and egg noodles and food coloring. I colored the elbow macaroni orange, the bowtie green and the egg noodles black. (yes, they make black food coloring...I bought it b/c we have had need of it before with birthday cakes--trucks and all. However, it will stain your hands for a bit, but it does come off) I just tossed the macaroni in the food coloring until all was coated and then spread it out on a paper plate or waxed paper to dry. I didn't take long....a little longer for the egg noodles. After it dried, Cody glued it on the pumpkin. It looks neat.
Here are some pictures of the finished projects.

Trevor's pig on the board at school.

All the pigs at school.


Cody's macaroni pumpkin.
No comments:
Post a Comment