Friday, October 10, 2008

Harvest Hoedown

Trevor's school had a Hoedown last week. It was to kick off a reading program and to celebrate fall. They've been learning about farms and cows and where milk comes from too. There was a quick program in the classroom, a magician (who we missed b/c the line was too long), refreshments, tractor, a horse, and the playground! Trevor's class performed right away, which was nice--then we were free to roam about. However, once we made it to the playground...that's pretty much where we stayed. :-) The boys had a BLAST playing on all the playground equipment. I must say, they never had stuff like that when I was little....really neat! The kids were encouraged to dress like a farmer for the evening. I think Trevor ended up looking more like a cowboy, but that was all we had. Cody, of course, had to join in too. :-) It was a fun evening and beautiful fall weather for it too. (Nathan had to miss out as he was at the University of Arkansas for a job fair with Leggett and Platt)

Trevor in the garage before heading to school....I meant to have them both pose inside....

Cody and our attempt to "farmerize" him. :-)
Class performance

Trevor at his desk...he sat on the edge all by himself and posed...then he showed me everything he had in his desk. :-)

1 comment:

Val said...

Vert cute, he looked more like a farmer than most of the kids.